Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Big Roadtrip: Northern Italy Part I

Now that Spring break has come to an end and we are back to reality with work, school and life, it's time for Mollykid to have a seat and share a bit of what's been going on around here.  First, I have to say I have missed you all; I just love sharing projects and pictures here for you.  You haven't been far from my mind though, in fact, I have a bunch of great ideas for upcoming blog posts here so I hope you will tune in for a good time over the next few weeks.  To give you a hint, we took a once-in-a-lifetime road trip to Italy and from that one week, I have some f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s stories and information to share! 
With destinations like Tuscany, Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terra, Modena, Verona and Nove...we were in love with the food and the sights.  Oh and of course, a little bit of shopping to wrap up a long road trip is always nice, too!  Though I initially questioned the length of such a trip by car (2000 road miles all together), I must admit, there wasn't a moment we were bored or without something to see, do or taste.  We kept moving from sun up to way past sun down, which made for some very sound sleep.  To top it off, we traveled with some awesome friends so our trip was full of fun and great memories.
Since this is likely one of our last big trips while living here in Europe, I made sure to take plenty of pictures (as usual) and we made ample stops for Italian gelato along the way.  Despite some days and moments of intense rain, we still forged on, huddled under umbrellas and ducked into train stations, restaurants and museums for some time to dry out.  I think one of our favorite days (despite the crazy rain that day!) was spent exploring the Cinque Terra.  Five small ocean side fishing villages tucked tightly into the steep landscape along the Italian Riviera.  Talk about picturesque!  And to think they grow and harvest grapes for wine along these steep cliffs is simply amazing.
 
Well, that is just a taste of what's to come!  I hope you are enjoying a peaceful weekend wherever you are in the world.  Check back this week for more about some fantastic treasures in Italy.  Better yet, sign up to the right on our page for email updates...  Ciao! xo~Mollykid  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment